Congregational Leadership Team Nominations
Thank you for taking the time to nominate a candidate for the CLT. Please read over the information below and find the nomination form following.
About the CLT
Our church is led by a community of leadership, including the staff, CLT, and section leaders. The Congregational Leadership Team are elected leaders from within the Bloom community who are tasked with safeguarding and stewarding Bloom's overall vision, mission, and life together through prayerful discernment and staff support. The mark of a CLT member is that he/she are individuals who display deep commitment to the Bloom community and lead lives that are reflective of discipleship to Jesus and Spirit-filled ministry. Two CLT members are elected by our house church leaders, and two CLT members are elected by the standing CLT members, and the CLT is led by Bloom's Lead Pastor.
CLT members are able to hold the Bloom values and the ministry of our people before the Lord, working to discern what the Spirit is doing among us and how we are to support that work. As part of that commission, the CLT prayerfully oversees an array of matters on behalf of the congregation, including topics like Bloom's priorities, the composition of the church's teaching team, and Bloom's budget. We are asking the community to nominate one person that you feel would do this well.
What we're looking for in a CLT member
As with all leaders within Bloom, here are some markers we are looking for in a CLT leader:
- Committed: Must be active in the Bloom community, preferably with a history of service.
- Vetted: Must be seen as a leader by parishioners from a wide sample of the Bloom community. Gifts of leadership and desired character attributes must be seen and verified by the staff and CLT.
- Spirit-Filled: Must show a life of commitment to Christ, displaying the fruits of the Spirit and manifestations of the love, grace, and power of God in their ministry.
- Equipped: Must show a hunger to learn and a willingness to sharpen skills needed to lead the congregation well.
- Mentored: Must show evidence of seeking out mentors, displaying an attitude of humility and grace in their own discipleship.
All members (communicants in good standing) of Bloom Church may nominate a CLT candidate.
"All persons who have received the Sacrament of Holy Baptism with water in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, whether in Bloom Church or in another Christian Church, and who for the previous year have been faithful in corporate worship, unless for good cause prevented, and have been faithful in working, praying, and giving for the spread of the Kingdom of God, are to be considered communicants in good standing." - From Bloom Church Bylaws, Article III, section 1.