Read through one of these books slowly, in a prayerful/meditative spirit. Stop to ponder the things that strike you. If you like, grab a few friends and talk through it together.
- “The Return of the Prodigal Son” by Henri Nouwen
- “Life Together” by Deitrich Bonhoeffer
- “The Imitation of Christ” by Thomas á Kempis
- “The Celebration of Discipline” by Richard Foster
- “Lent and Easter with the Church Fathers” edited by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops
If you are able, we encourage everyone to take a 24 hour retreat away with God. This is to be done in a quiet space, away from the normal rhythms of life. If it is helpful, go together as a house church. Here is a simple retreat guide for individuals or house churches for the purpose of prayer and receiving the Lord’s love afresh.